Colpac would like to continue to reassure its customers that the Company is doing its utmost to mitigate the potential impact of the COVID 19 (coronavirus) outbreak. Colpac has increased its level of readiness and continues to follow government, industry and WHO advice. This is a priority in the business and the senior management team are daily reviewing the latest data and updating our activities accordingly.
In addition to the actions highlighted in our last statement, we are now taking additional steps to ensure the safety and security of everyone associated with Colpac: our customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Customer and Product Safety
- We have suspended customer visits and are offering meetings through video conferencing, teleconferencing to facilitate good ongoing communications.
- We have further stepped up our cleaning regimes to include regular viricidal surface cleaning especially in high risk areas and continue to build on our BRC AA certified practices.
- Employee Safety
- We have enhanced our strict controls on delivery practices to minimise risk to our suppliers and employees. Visitors are no longer allowed on site unless they are vital to our ability to serve our customers; when they are allowed on site, we have implemented enhanced hygiene checks before arrival to ensure they pose no risk to our colleagues.
- We have increased the monitoring and support of employees to ensure everyone can recognise symptoms, employ hygiene best practices and take appropriate steps to minimise the risk of infection and spreading infection to colleagues.
- Work related travel has been suspended.
- We have implemented our continuity plans to enable additional off site working to enable us to serve our customers with the minimum of people on site.
- Supplier Management
- Multiple suppliers are in place for the majority of supplies and are spread geographically to avoid a localised issue causing continuity issues. We are continually in dialogue to ensure that our entire supply chain is able to satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Stock levels
- We have invested in growing our stock to its highest ever level. The additional raw materials and finished goods we put into stock around the Brexit date and to allow for Chinese New Year have been built upon in the light of the outbreak
- Additional shifts and production of finished goods have been and continue to be produced as an extra precaution
- Ongoing Management
- Board level review of the situation, with daily monitoring of the advice from WHO and FCO as well as following the support from our industry bodies, notably – BPIF, BSA and FPA.